In a job interview you can’t be certain of the exact questions your interviewer will ask, however, you can prepare for some pretty common interview questions.
It’s important to remember points for your answers, but don’t memorise whole sentences; this can cause you to sound too robotic.
What questions can you expect to be asked?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about the company?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your greatest professional strengths?
- What do you consider to be your weaknesses / opportunities?
- What is your greatest professional achievement?
- Tell me about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work, and how you dealt with it?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What’s your dream job?
- What other companies are you interviewing with?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Why were you fired?
- What are you looking for in a new position?
- What type of work environment do you prefer?
- How would your boss and co-workers describe you?
- Why was there a gap in your employment?
- Can you explain why you changed career paths?
- How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?
- What do you like to do outside of work?