Outstanding opportunity to work for an established T2 Civil Contractor with strong family culture, who nurtures talent, embraces diversity and rewards outstanding performance! We are seeking an Accounts Officer to join this outstanding firm primarily responsible for high level of liaison and coordination between internal and external stakeholders. Jump on this fantastic opportunity and take on the responsibility of efficiently preparing and maintaining both accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for the nominated divisions.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of customer invoices depending on the contractual arrangements in place
- Interpretation of contractual billable rates and the application of rates to a job card
- Control of the Accounts Receivable sub ledger, including:
- Proactive communication with customer's accounts payable to ensure accounts will be settled as per the terms of the contract, usually 30-45 days.
- If necessary, following up on invoices not paid within payment terms.
- Ensuring the debtors ledger is clear of minor discrepancies, i.e. clearing of rounding figures, ageing credit notes etc.
- Managing the reduction of average debt levels across all divisions
- Data processing of accounts payable invoices relating to relevant department
- Preparation of prompt and scheduled payments to suppliers
- Control of Accounts Payable sub ledger, including:
- Ensuring intercompany balances are clear from the sub ledger by month end.
- All unapproved invoices have been followed up with project manager for approval and processing in correct month.
- Any invoices not received by the month-end close date should be processed as unmatched Purchase Orders and accrued accordingly.
- Ensuring the creditors ledger is clear of minor discrepancies, i.e. clearing of rounding figures, ageing credit notes etc.
- Minor analysis of Work Order and Job Cost profitability to ensure all costs have been captured and all revenue has been accounted for as per designated job sheets or contracted progress claims.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant certification a benefit, but not a requirement
- Preferably 3-5 years' experience in a medium to large office environment
- Civil or construction experience is an advantage but not necessary
- Experience with corporate ERP/Accounting software
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of the MS suite of products
- Proven ability in self-managing accounts payable and accounts receivable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to "look around corners" - strong problem solving and planning capabilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proven experience in liaising with external stakeholders from varying backgrounds
- An ability to manage and prioritise workloads, or ask for help when necessary
Please call Andrew on 03 9981 5900, send your resume to email@example.com or apply online to this Accounts Officer Job.