Our National client is renowned for their insurance claims management expertise. Their customer first approach centres their work to be at the heart of the customer - giving you the opportunity to make a difference where it really matters. As a result of their ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has become available in their Melbourne office for an Assistant Accountant to join their well-established team of finance professionals.
You will be responsible for reconciling company bank and trust accounts, inter-company accounts and generally assist the Financial Accountant. You will have the exciting opportunity to be mentored and developed by high-performing professionals.
- Become an integral part of the team within a global organisation
- Supportive, friendly and team-based culture
- Professional development and mentoring from established finance professionals
- St Kilda Road location, close to public transport
- Prepare and post monthly recurring journals for month end processing
- Reconcile main business bank account using Navision
- Reconcile clients' trust account on a regular basis
- Calculate payroll tax liabilities (from schedules prepared by the Payroll Officer) at the end of each month and arrange payments
- Prepare and reconcile inter-company debtors and creditors accounts, to be reviewed by CFO on monthly basis
- Quarterly agreement of inter-company balances, including liaison with overseas stakeholders
- Prepare Workcover estimates on annual basis and obtain copy of currency certificates
- Liaise with managers of the Trust accounts as required
- Ad-hoc assistance to Financial Accountant / CFO as required
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar position
- Relevant tertiary accounting qualification
- Completed CPA/CA qualification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and autonomously
- "Can-do" attitude and willingness to learn and develop as a professional
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our team, apply now! For any queries, please contact Leah Finch at Fuse Recruitment on 0422 298 390.