SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global leader experienced in transforming client's concepts into commercially successful products. Our exceptional in-house design, bioscience and engineering teams combine with our unique technologies to create microfluidic products designed for manufacture. All this is backed by our unique manufacturing capability, designed to rapidly scale from pilot line quantities all the way to high volume automated production.
The Mechatronics Engineer will support New Product Design; New Product Introduction and Manufacturing activities at Schott Minifab. Reporting to the Senior Automation Engineer, the Successful Candidate will design, develop and introduce assembly solutions and automation for new production processes. Candidates with exposure to 3D CAD skills (preferably using SolidWorks) will be highly regarded.
Candidates from a medical device manufacturing background will be highly regarded.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of professional working experience as an Electrical / Mechatronics Engineer in the field of Special purpose machines and robotics
- Advanced skills in Engineering software packages. Experience with SolidWorks Electrical 2Dhighly advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in successful project delivery
- Sound knowledge of AS4024 Safety and Engineering Standards
- Knowledge of PLC Control Systems, HMI, Vision, Barcode / RFID and Motor Control Systems
- Experience in Omron Automation Systems would be highly advantageous
- Experience working in a GMP environment - ISO 13485 is advantageous
- Expertise to conceptualise and implement novel design solutions through a creativity over capital mindset
- Experience working in fast paced, innovative, high quality, regulated, manufacturing environment such as medical devices, automotive or similar industry is essential
- Must be a hands-on problem solver and team player
- Experience in Continuous Improvement activities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great work ethic | enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent computer and communication skills (both written and verbal)
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Complete electrical engineering design, from component selection to testing and installation
- Ensure designs comply with Australian OH&S standards
- Design for Manufacture and automation consulting into product development
- Concept, design, build, test and validate equipment into Manufacturing, ensuring that quality procedures and regulations are being adhered to
- Provide technical expertise for the design and development of new machines and systems
- Assist with the commissioning and validation of new equipment, and carrying out factory acceptance testing
- Validation activities - Risk assessments, IQ, OQ and PQ, Change Control, and Root Cause Analysis
- Assist with preparing for (and participating in) design reviews
- Liaise with vendors, consultants, customers and other engineers to ensure the effective development, design and maintenance of components, equipment and | or systems
- Ensuring new and existing equipment is safe
- Provide support to production including troubleshooting, breakdown assistance, improvements and capacity expansion
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation in accordance to company policy
- Other duties as required by the management
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format (no PDF files please).
Questions can be directed to Aya Inazato at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0423 505 950.