Minifab is a global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical POC devices. Based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne in a state-of-the-art facility, Minifab's team of professionals include an outstanding group of design, development, NPI and manufacturing engineers, along with talented scientists, quality assurance, and manufacturing staff.
Currently, Minifab has an opportunity for a skilled Automation Engineer (Electrical / Mechatronics focus) to join their rapidly expanding company on a permanent basis.
The Automation Engineer (Electrical / Mechatronics) will support New Product Design; New Product Introduction and Manufacturing activities at Minifab. Reporting to the Senior Automation Engineer, the Successful Candidate will design, develop and introduce assembly solutions and automation for new production processes.
Candidates that are experienced using SolidWorks Electrical software package will be highly regarded, along with those that have experience working in a medical device manufacturing environment.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of professional working experience as an Electrical / Mechatronics Engineer in the field of Special purpose machines and robotics
- Advanced skills in Engineering software packages. Experience with SolidWorks Electrical 2D and 3D is highly advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in successful project delivery
- Sound knowledge of AS4024 Safety and Engineering Standards
- Knowledge of PLC Control Systems, HMI, Vision, Barcode / RFID and Motor Control Systems
- Experience in Omron Automation Systems would be highly advantageous
- Experience working in a GMP environment - ISO 13485 is advantageous
- Expertise to conceptualise and implement novel design solutions through a creativity over capital mindset
- Experience working in fast paced, innovative, high quality, regulated, manufacturing environment such as medical devices, automotive or similar industry is essential
- Must be a hands-on problem solver and team player
- Experience in Continuous Improvement activities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great work ethic | enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent computer and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Complete electrical engineering design, from component selection to testing and installation
- Ensure designs comply with Australian OH&S standards
- Design for Manufacture and automation consulting into product development
- Concept, design, build, test and validate equipment into Manufacturing, ensuring that quality procedures and regulations are being adhered to
- Provide technical expertise for the design and development of new machines and systems
- Assist with the commissioning and validation of new equipment, and carrying out factory acceptance testing
- Validation activities - Risk assessments, IQ, OQ and PQ, Change Control, and Root Cause Analysis
- Assist with preparing for (and participating in) design reviews
- Liaise with vendors, consultants, customers and other engineers to ensure the effective development, design and maintenance of components, equipment and | or systems
- Ensuring new and existing equipment is safe
- Provide support to production including troubleshooting, breakdown assistance, improvements and capacity expansion
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation in accordance to company policy
- Other duties as required by the management
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0478 193 170.