MiniFAB is a global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical in-vitro diagnostic devices. Based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne in a state-of-the-art facility, MiniFAB's team of professionals include a number of outstanding engineers, scientists, QA and manufacturing staff.
Currently, MiniFAB has an opportunity for a talented Automation Engineer (Mechanical) to join their growing operations on a permanent basis. The Automation Engineer will focus on the mechanical system design of their automated equipment, resolving bottleneck issues and overall efficiency.
The Automation Engineer (Mechanical) will support New Product Design; New Product Introduction and Manufacturing efforts at MiniFAB. Reporting to the Manufacturing team for the design, development and introduction of assembly solutions and automation for new production processes. The Automation Engineer will be required to deliver unique production solutions and assembly systems, when existing production systems are not available.
The Successful Applicant will collaborate closely with various groups in the organisation - Product Development, New Product Introduction, Quality and Manufacturing as well as other stakeholders involved in the transition from design to manufacturing.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of professional working experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the field of Special purpose machines, jigs, fixtures and robotics
- Outstanding 3D CAD skills. Experience with SolidWorks is highly advantageous
- Skilled in the creation of detailed drawings and technical documents with a good understanding GD&T
- Experience working in a GMP environment - ISO 13485 experience highly advantageous
- Expertise to conceptualise and implement novel design solutions through a creativity over capital mindset
- Experience working in fast paced, innovative, high quality, regulated, manufacturing environment such as medical devices, automotive or similar industry is essential
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with Design for Manufacture principles and automation methodologies
- Understanding of common polymer fabrication / prototyping techniques
- Experience with robot, HMI and PLC programming highly advantageous
- Experience in Continuous Improvement activities
- Must be a hands-on problem solver and team player
- Excellent computer and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Great work ethic and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Design for Manufacture and automation consulting into product development
- Concept, design, build, test and validate equipment into Manufacturing, ensuring that quality procedures and regulations are being adhered to.
- Provide technical expertise for the design and development of new machines and systems
- Assist with the commissioning and validation of new equipment, and carrying out factory acceptance testing
- Validation activities - Risk assessments, IQ, OQ and PQ, Change Control, and Root Cause Analysis
- Assist with preparing for (and participating in) design reviews
- Liaise with vendors, consultants, customers and other engineers to ensure the effective development, design and maintenance of components, equipment and | or systems
- Ensuring new and existing equipment is safe
- Provide support to production including troubleshooting, breakdown assistance, improvements and capacity expansion
- Other duties as required by the management
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0478 193 170.