Fuse Recruitment are excited to be partnering with our client based in Western Australia in their search for a Beef Slaughterman/Knife Hand for their expanding meat processing facility.
As an experienced Slaughterman/Knife Hand with a background across meat processing, your role has primary responsibility for carrying out the general labouring duties associated with this position, around pushing beef, maintaining involvement with offal rooms, and packing meat products.
Please note: In applying for this role you will need the understand that our clients facility is not in a major community, their facility is remote.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the factory
- Pushing beef and offal rooms
- Packing beef products into boxes and relevant packaging
- Performing general labour duties around slaughtering/knife hand
- Ensuring workplace health and safety guidelines are followed and in compliance with company guidelines
- Hours from 6:30am-3:00pm Monday-Friday
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience as Beef Boner, Slicer, Knife hand or Butcher;
- Experience within a processing environment (bench boning or rail boning) viewed favourably;
- Ability to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing;
- Physically fit with ability to complete repetitive motion tasks with hands and wrists;
- Ability and willingness to work in a cold environment;
- Ability to speak, write and understand a basic level of English and to understand and follow instructions;
- Australian work rights;
- Ability to start ASAP following due process
- Ability to work from 6:30am-3:00pm Monday-Friday
Please note: This role is based an hour outside Perth, WA, and will require relocation if outside this region.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please click 'APPLY' now!