This National client is renowned for their claim's management expertise and are based in the city fringe. They are now looking for an experienced Building Consultant to join their growing team. You will flourish in this professional and dynamic firm where you will be rewarded for your hard work with a great salary, allowances, professional development and an exceptional working environment.
The key responsibility of this role is inspecting and reporting on building related matters, provide detailed scope of works and cost estimates, undertake and co-ordinate forensic investigations, obtain and review tenders and manage various projects.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Conduct field investigations involving all types of structures and construction problems including residential, commercial and industrial properties
- Determine of the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, construction defects and building system failures
- Assignments may include foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, site evaluations, sub-surface investigations, vibration analysis and other building related issues
- Analyse failures in buildings and other infrastructure systems by conducting site visits and applying building principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards
- Conduct unbiased investigations for various types of clients
- Prepare written reports that document causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars and reviewing professional publications.
Your key responsibilities and requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position
- Licensed Builder and holds the relevant qualifications in Building or Trade.
- A thorough knowledge of the building industry and the Building Code of Australia
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of clients and personnel both written and verbal
- Ability to scope and estimate cost of repairs to Domestic, Commercial and Industrial properties
- Ability to support conclusions by appropriate expert testimony in legal proceedings
- Complex report writing abilities
- Proven technical competency Ability to identify building defects and damage
- Experience working with legal firms and insurance companies will be advantages
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Building Consultant to become an integral member of a firm that has been achieving great results.
To apply please forward your resume to email@example.com or contact Victoria on 0417 868 821.