About the Company
Our client is an Australian owned and operated business, heavily involved in the manufacture and distribution of products across Scientific, Pathology and Ingredients. Currently, they have the requirement for a Business Development Manager to join their Ingredients team based in Adelaide.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to be part of a specialist organisation focusing on trust, excellence and continuous improvement
- Immediate start
About the Role
The role of the Business Development Manager will be to provide strong sales results by servicing and developing customers in a food & beverage ingredients environment.
The purpose of the role will be to help grow and further develop the F&B Ingredients area while while maintaining existing Sales and Gross Profit Budgets. This will be achieved through assisting in the development and execution of a strategic commercial sales and marketing plan that aligns with organisational vision and purpose, providing clear direction and accountability for the division. Additionally, you will be required to manage key strategic accounts and act as a technical knowledge resource for the Ingredients Division, providing positive input to the Regulatory, Quality and Compliance requirements of the Division.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Achieving sales & GP targets with our existing customers by managing all current and future F&B accounts
- Grow our existing customer base in SA with ability to grow other states using your existing knowledge, network and growth opportunities
- Work on shaping the direction and growth phase of the F&B portfolio of the CSA Ingredients Business Unit
- Visiting and communicating with customers to promote our full existing and future product range to current and prospective customers.
- Develop, manage, and execute a successful sales strategy for sustainable future growth of the business unit
Experience and Requirements
- Food Science or applicable tertiary qualifications (this is essential)
- Industry experience in either account management or business development within a food ingredients role for a minimum of five years
- Being self-motivated with a genuine desire to grow the food industry and create the products of tomorrow
- A collaborative can-do attitude with the flexibility and ability to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn and adapt as the working landscape changes
- Ability to use your initiative, be able to problem solve with a positive can-do attitude
- Experience and knowledge of working within a distribution channel for major principals
- A desirable to have a knowledge of Food Grade salts, acids and solutions as well as colours, flavours and other specialised additives
How to apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role with a strong focus on leadership and the development and execution of sales strategies, then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Chelsey Elfverson on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.