About the Company
Our client is an Australian owned and operated company. Currently, they have the requirement for a Business Manager to join their team, based in Victoria.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to be part of a specialist organisation focusing on trust, excellence and continuous improvement
- Immediate start
About the Role
The role of the Business Manager will be to provide strong leadership and direction to the Pathology Division, retaining and developing existing business whilst creating national and export opportunities for new business. The Business Manager will be required to ensure the smooth operations, profit and growth of the Division in conjunction with other areas of the business.
The purpose of the role will be to provide leadership in order to achieve Sales and Gross Profit Budgets. This will be achieved through the development and execution of a strategic commercial sales and marketing plans that aligns with organisational vision and purpose, providing a clear direction and accountabilities for the division. Additionally, you will be required to manage key strategic accounts and act as a technical knowledge resource for the Pathology Reagents Business, providing key input to the Regulatory, Quality and Compliance requirements of the Division.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Achieve the divisional annual sales, gross profit and net profit budget
- Responsible for setting the annual sales and gross profit budget, for the Division
- Responsible for any necessary re-forecasting throughout the year.
- Provide expertise and input to any internal and external recruitment required for your Division, to ensure that the Division can achieve its goals
- Undertake strategic sales and marketing activity that generate and contributes to further divisional sales and margin growth in line with company expectations
- Manage and optimise pricing structures within the Division
- Develop and retain key client relationships with planned and regular meetings, this will include direct commercial responsibility for nominated key accounts
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Pathology Reagents Business including its growth, consolidation and optimisation and ongoing performance in the context of the increasing regulatory environment
- Contribute to relevant group projects e.g. acquisitions or integrations
- Convert new business with existing key and new strategic accounts
- Attend industry networking functions and events to increase market awareness and new business
- Provide input as a member of the Group Senior Leadership Team
- Provide leadership and mentoring to your Team
- Ensure that your team is working effectively on a day to day basis to achieve its goals and targets
- To perform annual and bi-annual performance appraisals for your team
- In conjunction with the CEO/CFO, deal with any performance related issues for members of your team
- Undertake leadership and management training to support growth and development
- Demonstrate company values in all activities with internal and external customers
Experience and Requirements
- Tertiary Qualifications in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent significant commercial experience in a technical sales field
- An understanding of the TGA IVD regulatory landscape
- Previous experience working in a clinical laboratory environment such as Histology, Cytology or Haematology highly regarded
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability performing in a technical sales environment and achieving KPI's
- Ability to build and manage strong working relationships
How to apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role with a strong focus on leadership and the development and execution of sales strategies, then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Melissa Kennedy or Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.