Our client is a well-known Australian food manufacturer. Due to substantial growth, they seek a Chemistry Laboratory Technician to join their team on a permanent full-time basis.
A degree in science (preferably chemistry) is required along with at least 2 years' experience working in a leadership position within a busy commercial (food) environment. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Successful Candidate will supervisor lab operations - Rostering staff, managing team targets and deliverables, along with providing supervisory and technical support to the lab staff.
Our Client hopes the Successful Applicant will embark upon an exciting and rewarding professional journey with them - They want to invest in their new employees on a long-term basis. Hence, only candidates with an Australian Permanent Residency visa or Australian Citizenship will be considered.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry or related
- 2 years experience working in a supervisory role within a chemistry laboratory
- Experience with managing financials - Laboratory budget responsibility involved
- Strong experience managing staff, along with being experienced and comfortable with training activities
- Proven experience with chemistry test methods such as fat, moisture, pH, salt, nitrogen, protein
- Experienced with developing equipment maintenance and service programs
- Solid GLP experience and Laboratory OH&S knowledge
- Competent technical ability and attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that testing activities are carried out with accordance to schedule and turnaround times are met
- Authorisation of release of test results and overseeing delivery to clients
- Ensuring that the laboratory is fit for purpose, safe and complies with OHS requirements
- Ensure the quality system is being maintained with compliance to NATA requirements
- Support review and implantation of new process, equipment and programs
- Validation and verification activities
If your skills and experience are in line with the above, then please hit the apply button now!
Questions can be referred to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter in Word format - Please no PDF files.