A long established and market leading Agency who prides themselves on superior service and innovative responses to clients needs are looking for a Commercial Underwriter to join and compliment their team based in the CBD
In this position, you will report to the State Manager and be a part of a team of experienced Underwriters. This role calls for an experienced Commercial Underwriter with the ability to deliver high quality service to our brokers, maintain and develop strong business relationships and make quality underwriting decisions around the deep risk appetite
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The underwriting and preparation of new business, renewals and endorsements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establishment and development of sound and profitable working relationships with all intermediaries to maintain existing and develop new growth opportunities
- Growing a sustainable and profitable book of business whilst acting within agreed delegated underwriting levels of authority.
- Contribute to team and process improvements
- Ensure credit terms are met by your panel of brokers and take action when required
- Occasional attendance at Conferences and Industry events
To be considered
- Demonstrated tenure and experience underwriting Commercial Property Risks
- Liability Underwriting experience is preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business acumen with a development mindset
To discuss in more detail please contact Duncan on 0432391158