Who will I be working for?
Our client is an industry leader in delivering high voltage infrastructure projects.They energise communities from Tweed Heads to the Torres Strait, from Brisbane to Birdsville, and creates a brighter future for energy in QLD
What do you need to be able to secure this fantastic opportunity?
- Electrical Engineering Professional (Bachelor's degree in Engineering acceptable for membership of Institution of Engineers Australia in the Professional Engineering category);
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ) - desirable; and / or
- Electrical Tradesman - Electrical Fitter/Mechanic (in the jurisdiction of where the work is to be performed)
- Construction Induction (White Card);
- Drivers Licence;
- Switchboard Rescue.
- High Voltage Switching Certification (National Accreditation) - desirable; and
- Proven experience leading Hold Point Testing on renewable projects from commissioning to completion stages.
This position is a multi-site-based role with the main office being located in Fortitude Valley Qld, The Lead Commissioning Engineer is a hands-on role with a broad knowledge of the renewables sector and the related expectations. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the commissioning of substations and the management of a small team of commissioners to ensure successful delivery of projects. This is a Fixed term 12-month engagement with ongoing 12-month extension relative to volume of work secured.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Attend job site meetings to properly understand project scope, schedule and issues to be resolved.
- Prepare job specific site risk analysis documents and JSEA's to align with daily activities.
- Support engineering team in the review of engineering documents as required.
- Prepare / Authorise High Voltage Switching Instructions / Switching Sheets and undertake High Voltage Switching as required during Hold Point Testing;
- Capable of using various types of test equipment including Secondary Injection Test Equipment;
- Capable of testing protection relays and developing own test plans for functions including Feeder Diff, Bus Diff, Transformer Diff, Feeder Protection, Anti-Islanding Protection and other Solar Farm specific Protection schemes;
- Prepare or review pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and verify their fulfilment with local NSP, AEMO and contracts contractual requirements.
- Identify types of testing required to achieve commissioning scope and oversee testing and commissioning processes throughout Hold Point Testing.
- Prepare or review commissioning reports as required from all site based commissioning activities. Hold Point reports will be prepared and reviewed by our Clients renewables engineers.
- Prepare or review the Operation and Maintenance Manuals (O&M's) or Operational Philosophies for to support ongoing Solar Farm Operation.
- Attend and support the FAT (if required) and SAT Tests for major and relevant electrical components (if required).
- Take part to supervising and site management during the construction phase of the Electrical works (depending on the project).
- Prepare, check, authorise ITP's / ITC's and HV Switching Sheets required for Commissioning activities on site.
- Lead the commissioning process on site (HV Component as well as Renewable Component).
- Prepare or assist with the preparation (if required) the GPS Compliance / R2 Testing Commissioning Plan, Test Log and Commissioning Schedule to align with the local NSP and AEMO requirements and ensure these documents align with GPS requirements.
- Lead the execution of the GPS Compliance / R2 Testing Commissioning Plan, Test Log and Commissioning Schedule as agreed with the NSP and AEMO.
- Co-ordinate NSP, AEMO and other stakeholders during the Commissioning execution process.
- Undertake performance analysis of renewable power plants.
- Extract post test data from Power Quality Meters and provide to Yurika renewable engineers as inputs into Hold Point Test reports. Candidate will need to be familiar with many different types of meters and software platforms.
- Lead the troubleshooting of all site based commissioning issues and co-ordinate with the Project Manager all necessary resources required to resolve all issues.
- Maintain and manage an Issues Register of all issues found on site and track through to item closure.
- Report on Progress each week to the Project Manager.
- Prepare technical reports during the Commissioning process and assist with preparation of finalisation documentation at the completion of site based commissioning activities.
- Lead the GPS Compliance Testing / Hold Point Testing (R2 testing activities).
- Provide general engineering site support as requested by Client or Project Manager
Now for the good bit, how do you apply?
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, smash that apply now button and we will be in contact soon!