Minifab is a world leading medical device development and manufacturing firm, specialising in creating custom made diagnostic and life science products for their strong client base, and manufacturing these cutting-edge products at their state-of-the-art facility located in Scoresby.
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Engineer to join the team on a full-time permanent basis. The Design Engineer will work closely with Development Engineers and other relevant Minifab staff to translate concepts into 3D CAD designs to bring a variety of cutting-edge products to life.
We require the Successful Applicant to possess in-depth injection moulding tooling knowledge and experience in order to seamlessly transition designs into high precision and high volume moulds, to successful achieve the intended end user components.
Combined with this, the Successful Applicant will make improvements to existing product designs and packaging, along with completing the required engineering documentation.
This role will join an incredibly talented team and report directly to the Design Team Leader.
This is a re-advertised role as Minifab continue to grow and require top talent to join their outstanding organisation!
The key responsibilities of this role include: (But are not limited to)
- Interpret product requirements and design and develop concepts, components, assemblies, and products in compliance with applicable quality system procedures, industry and business standards, and regulations.
- Design and develop prototypes, analyse measurement data, prepare design improvements and reports.
- Develop and implement design strategies and standards.
- Identify opportunities and develop recommendations to improve production efficiency
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for design
- Organize plans and create schedules to identify priorities, achieve project timelines, and meet project budgets.
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records
- Collaborate with engineers, managers, and wider development, manufacturing, and purchasing teams
- Manage internal and external suppliers required to support product design tasks
- Attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Multitasking, planning work, scheduling tasks, coordinating activities, and managing time efficiently
- Timely problem solving using data driven tools and methods
- Presentation of designs and/or issues both internally to stakeholders and externally to clients.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Significant experience (10+ years) working as a Product Development or Design Engineer
- A tertiary qualification in design engineering, engineering, product design or relevant discipline.
- Outstanding 3D CAD modelling skills, preferably using SolidWorks.
- Excellent 2D CAD skills with a sound understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive knowledge of injection moulded tooling design, and injection moulding process, including polymer fabrication / prototyping techniques, and current cutting tool technology
- Experience working in fast paced, innovative, high quality, regulated, engineering environment such as medical device, food, automotive or similar industry is essential
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with Design for Manufacture principles
- Intimate understanding of Design control, Validation and Verification processes under a Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- A demonstrated competency in delivering design solutions for high quality, low cost, volume manufactured products
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Ability to multitask, plan, schedule, coordinate, manage time efficiently, and problem solve effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative
- Must be practically minded and hands-on
If the above sounds like you, then hit the apply button and provide your CV and a cover letter.
Please ensure that your CV and cover letter are in Word Format (no PDFs).
Questions can be referred to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding business and be part of ground breaking microfluidic product development that is changing the world.
Dare to think big.