Minifab is a world leading medical device development and manufacturing firm, specialising in creating custom made diagnostic and life science products for their strong client base, and manufacturing these cutting-edge products at their state-of-the-art facility located in Scoresby.
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Development Engineer to join the team on a full-time permanent basis. The Development Engineer will work closely with Product Specialists, Project Managers, NPI Engineers , external clients and other relevant Minifab staff to manage products through the development life-cycle, with an emphasis on maturing product designs so they meet necessary requirements including the successful transition into a manufacturable, functionable, compliant product.
The Development Engineer will join an incredibly talented team and report directly to the Development Team Leader.
The key responsibilities of this role include: (but are not limited to)
- Interpret product requirements and design and develop concepts, components, assemblies, and products in compliance with applicable quality system procedures, industry and business standards, and regulations.
- Develop Work Packages as part of project acquisition process and following subsequent project delivery stages, to successfully deliver projects within scope, with quality, and within allocated timeframes and budget.
- Maintain engineering process discipline to achieve project deliverables, including but not limited to requirement definition, concept generation, product design and development, risk management, cost modelling, DFM, and design verification.
- Employ data driven tools and methodologies to implement structured and timely problem solving.
- Identify opportunities and develop recommendations to improve product/design efficiency.
- Develop and implement workflows to ensure best engineering practises within the Engineering Team
- Guide project teams through the selection of correct design/ manufacturing concepts and fundamental technology to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Liaise closely with the BIO, NPI, and Manufacturing teams to successfully transition projects from Product Development into Manufacturing.
- Organize plans and create schedules to identify priorities, achieve project timelines, and meet project budgets.
- Support the recruitment, coaching and development of engineering staff to achieve excellence and efficiency
- Interact with clients on an as-needed basis to support project and sales activities.
- Collaborate with engineers, managers, and wider development, manufacturing, and purchasing teams
- Manage internal and external suppliers required to support product design tasks
- Attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Multitasking, planning work, scheduling tasks, coordinating activities, and managing time efficiently
- Timely problem-solving using data driven tools and methods
- Presentation of designs and/or issues both internally to stakeholders and externally to clients.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Significant experience (10+ years) working as a Product Development Engineer
- A tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering, or relevant discipline
- In depth experience with product development and design methodologies and related processes.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive knowledge of injection moulding process, including polymer fabrication / prototyping techniques, and assembly / packaging methodologies.
- Experience working in fast paced, innovative, high quality, regulated, engineering environment such as medical device, food, automotive or similar industry is essential. IVD system development experience would be ideal.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with Design for Manufacture principles
- Intimate understanding of Design control, Validation and Verification processes under a Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- A demonstrated competency in delivering design solutions for high quality, low cost, volume manufactured products
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Ability to multitask, plan, schedule, coordinate, manage time efficiently, and problem solve effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
If the above sounds like you, then hit the apply button and provide your CV and a cover letter.
Please ensure that your CV and cover letter are in Word Format (no PDFs).
Questions can be referred to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding business and be part of ground breaking microfluidic product development that is changing the world.
Dare to think big.