Following a period of strong growth, a unique opportunity has arisen for a talented professional to join a leading medical device product development and manufacturing firm.
Reporting to the Head of Bioscience, and working with a team of scientists, you will develop, test, and transfer biological assays into medical device/IVD products.
The successful candidate will design and execute experiments to develop and verify biological assays across all phases of the product development process. Serving as a subject matter expert in biological assays, you will be able to analyse scientific methods and results, propose novel strategies and independently apply basic scientific principles to solve analytical problems and troubleshoot assays. You will have a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and meet strict timelines.
You will be able to effectively communicate with cross-functional project teams providing regular updates on progress to internal and external stakeholders through both written reports and verbal presentation of scientific data.
This multi-faceted, hands on role, will require the applicant to possess skills and experience in biochemistry, immunology and molecular biology.
- Tertiary qualification in biochemistry, immunology, molecular biology or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of additional experience in a related field.
- Experience with techniques used in biochemistry, immunology and molecular biology studies
- Outstanding problem solving skills - Ability develop biological assays and transfer these biological assays into medical devices/IVDs
- Excellent communication skills - Both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Genuine commitment and dedication to the role and company / Outstanding work-ethic
- Experience with medical device/IVD product development highly desirable
- Understanding of regulatory and GMP requirements would be advantageous
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word format.