About the company
Our Client is the world's largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Globally they employ around 56,400 people and serve customers in 190 countries.
We are currently seeking a Qualified Diesel Mechanic to join their team located in Pooraka.
What's in it for you
You will get to work with some of the most innovative people in the business and develop your career with the recognised leader in diesel engine and filtration technology. Our Client also offers;
- A competitive rate, overtime allowances, annual variable bonus, great training, job stability and career development.
- The opportunity to develop skills across multiple product families and branches
- A diverse and inclusive working environment with high working standards
- The opportunity to broaden your knowledge in a variety of applications within our field service team when required to work off site
Reporting to the Service Manager, this role will see you join our clients field service teams, developing your technical experience and offering the opportunity to work with a wide variety of engines across all of our sectors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Put safety first for every task, every day
- Diagnose, fault find and repair our Customer's engines
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Complete all company and customer paperwork
- Participate in skills and product training
- Always be on the look out for ways to do things better
- Diagnose and repair engines on client sites
- Quickly identify when additional support is needed
- Participate in an on call with some overnight travel required
Key to your success in this role will be your excellent communication skills and ability to work autonomously backed by your passion for all things mechanical and your knowledge of diesel engines.
You will also possess:
- Mechanical trades qualified as a diesel fitter or automotive technician (light / heavy / engine recon),
- Experience carrying out engine diagnostics on different product types with minimal supervision
- Ideally possess engine rebuild and reconditioning experience
- A friendly approach to your work, developing good relationships with our customers and your team
- Be a natural at solving problems
Additionally for field service roles
- A valid, clean driving licence
- Enjoy setting your own fast pace and working autonomously
- Excellent customer service skills
The successful applicant will work a full time, Monday to Friday and have the opportunity to complete overtime hours and weekend work as required.
If you feel you have the experience we are looking for, please call Lydia on 08 8104 0747 during business hours to discuss further.