Fuse Recruitment is a specialist recruitment firm servicing the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing and Insurance industries throughout Australia. With continued growth and government spending in the manufacturing area, we are a seeking a experienced Environmental Health & Safety Officer to join an industry leading manufacturer.
- 6 month contract with full-time opportunity
- Work with an innovative leading manufacturer
- Work within a supportive working environment
The EH&S Officer - Brisbane manages the implementation and maintenance of the EHS compliance system at the Brisbane Site. The position provides coordination, administrative assistance and EHS technical expertise coupled with a hands-on approach to meet company Corporate EHS Standards and regulatory compliance expectations for environmental, health, and safety performance.
- Manage the site compliance with environmental health and safety regulations, including the Workplace health and safety regulations, EPA regulations, Trade waste regulations including subsidiary regulations, MHF regulations and all permit requirements
- Lead the EHS recordkeeping and ensure timely submission of mandatory reports to regulatory agencies.
- Assist with emergency response activities following spills and releases including mandatory agency reporting as required
- In Conjunction with the Site Lead manage site emergency programs (e.g., participate in site level drills in accordance with MHF requirements)
- Monitor the use of the site PSM programs - Management of Change, Event Investigations, Action Tracking, & Permit to Work
- Participate in site Risk Assessments -JSERA, HAZOPs
- Participate in the recording, investigating & closing out of all site Event and Incident Investigations.
- Participate and monitor the site hazard ID program - Gensuite - Concern reporting
- Participate and monitor the site Industrial Hygiene program
- Participate in Site Permit Issue program
- Support and participate in the site Safety Committee
- Participate and monitor site SMS elements including, Corrective and Preventive actions and EHS audits including but not limited to SMS audits, 5S/Housekeeping audits, live Permit to work audits and Job Safety analysis audits.
- Participate in external EH&S audits conducted at the site, and partner with regional EHS, divisional and/or site management to ensure audit findings are closed out and audit recommendations implemented.
- Monitor closure of items in the Gensuite Action Tracking System, Concern Reporting and the Action Item Management System (AIMS) for the MOC process
- Monitor completion levels for the site's computer-based training activities
- participate regular EHS management reviews with site leadership and Regional EHS Management to prioritize EHS issues
- Relevant qualifications in engineering, chemistry, environmental or occupational health sciences or equivalent combination of training & experience
- 1-3 years' experience in the environmental, health, & safety field
- Must be familiar with safety and environmental regulations including air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste regulations
- Should possess strong leadership, training, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Should have strong oral and written communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly respected company that is committed to growth
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity APPLY NOW! For a confidential discussion about the role call Chelsey at Fuse Recruitment on 3343 6777.