Fuse Recruitment offers services to multiple industries including Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance and Wealth Management. One of our partners seeks an Inspector with Electrical and Intelligent Transport Systems experience for upcoming works.
- Long-term contract with potential for extension
- Early July start date
- Competitive remuneration
- Sunshine Coast location
- Great organisational culture and team
The Inspector (Electrical and ITS) will oversee and inspect the construction and maintenance of electrical services in accordance with standards. The Inspector will also provide technical advice, assistance and training to contractors involved.
The responsibilities of the Inspector include:
- Inspect traffic signal equipment, installation, maintenance and performance, and other electrical installations associated with Roads Infrastructure. Monitor and review performance, investigate and resolve complaints and defects and compliance with Australian Electrical Wiring Rules & Standards AS3000.
- Maintain Asset Management database including data collection and entry.
- Monitor and maintain traffic signals and systems associated with data communications equipment and the Traffic Management System - STREAMS.
- Task contractors to carry out scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance on Lighting and ITS Equipment whilst monitoring performance and costing.
- Oversee contractors in the delivery, construction, and maintenance of electrical works.
- Maintain documentation and records of electrical infrastructure in line with the Asset Management system principles and rules.
- Maintain sound technical knowledge of electrical practices and standards. Evaluate new technologies and equipment. Assist in the development and review of new standards and procedures for street lighting and Intelligent Transport Systems (this includes traffic signals) installations.
- Able to attend (in person) meetings at offices and sites located within the North Coast Region at short notice (generally within one hour) as required.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Engineering Qualification
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Electrical Fitter/Mechanic Trade Licence
- Electrical Contractor Licence (or equivalent)
- White Card
- Minimum 4 years' experience with infrastructure projects
- Current Drivers' Licence
How to Apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!"