Who Will I Be Working for?
Fuse provides permanent and temporary recruitment services within the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance & Wealth Management sectors. We pride ourselves on finding suitable roles that meet the aspirations of candidates, in addition to delivering the perfect candidate to our clients.
Is a leading provider of peak, renewable electricity and has a world class reputation in engineering innovation and technical expertise. Our client owns and operates a powerful combination of generation assets, including the 4100-megawatt Snowy Mountains Scheme. They also provide clean, efficient electricity and gas to almost one million customers - households and businesses - across the country through their retail energy business.
What is the role?
Our Client is seeking a Protection Engineer (Asset Technology) to provide strategic guidance and support of our client's electrical protection platforms.
The successful candidate with be expected to;
- Develop and maintain strategy documentation to support current and future investment decisions of investigations, Business requirements, Functional standards and Current state Assessment
- Project Support - Assist our Clients capital investment project teams with, NER guidance and assessment, Scope/specification development, Business wide engagement, Minor project management and benefits review
- Contribute to various internal and external reports
- Identify and lead technological innovation initiatives including new technology concept pilot delivery and support as well as Identification of new technologies which could benefit the business
- Platform Administration of the monitoring system deployment and maintenance as well as documentation platform management
- Fault Resolution, Investigations and production support
- Engineering Support with plant change control reviews and Technical Investigations of incidents and Power Systems modelling- Power Factory & PSS/E
- NER Guidance with routine compliance testing support and technical instruction development
- New/modified Connections and process guidance
- Service provider engagement and management support
What Do I Need to Be Successful?
- Electrical Engineering Degree with demonstrated experience (10 years) in power industry
- Experienced in commissioning, operation and maintenance of generator and transmission protection schemes
- Power systems experience
- Familiarity with the National Electricity Market and the roles of various market participants
- Asset Management focused
- Detail minded but with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including as part of a team, leading a team, or working individually as required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Project management and contract management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Availability and capability to travel regionally and inter state
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this role please apply asap as our client is looking to appoint immediately. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, Fuse never presents candidates to clients without consulting them first