Our client engineers innovative solutions and provides after-market services across a wide range of high-quality process control, measurement, and automation products. They have significant experience and capability in oil and gas, metals and mining and food production industries. This growing organisation requires an experienced Electrical Technician for an immediate start based just north of Newcastle.
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Immediate start
- Competitive remuneration
- Great organisational culture
- Sandgate location
Reporting to the NSW Business Development Manager, the Electrical Technician is responsible for:
- Assembly and wiring of small telemetry/PLC/VSD panels from "off the shelf" components (shared responsibility)
- Configuration & testing of radio telemetry units, autodialler, etc in workshop prior to shipping to customer (shared responsibility)
- Designing, programming and testing small fully integrated telemetry systems, including PLC's and HMI units (shared responsibility)
- Travel to, and work at customers' sites (primarily vehicle travel within NSW) for:
- Conduct of field radio trials to determine radio path integrity between telemetry sites
- Installation, commissioning & fault finding on telemetry systems.
- Sales generating activities during site visits; e.g.
- Identifying possible equipment sales opportunities
- Recommending appropriate equipment for customer's applications
- Documentation, including;
- Equipment repair reports
- "as built" system configuration diagrams and manuals
- Field radio trial reports
- Job cards/sheets for billing
- Receipt and packaging of equipment from suppliers; packing and shipping of equipment to customers (shared responsibility).
- Any other tasked required by Management at times
Skills and Experience
- Valid Drivers' Licence
- Electrical Trade Course
- Post Trade Qualification (Advanced Certificate or Engineering Degree)
- Ability to work autonomously
- NSW Electrical Contractors Licence
- Strong computer and software skills
- Comfortable working on various tasks and worksites
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.