An outstanding opportunity for an experienced Environmental Advisor to become involved in one of Melbourne's major road projects. You will be working for Tier 2 civil contractor. Our client is an award-winning, successful engineering firm with offices throughout Australia. With an outstanding pipeline of projects, this national firm is well known for delivering engineering design, construction and land development. This project will open doors for you in the industry - the opportunity to be involved in the major road project is not to be missed!
- Monitoring and promoting compliance with legislative requirements.
- Provide support and advice to the project in regard to Environmental and Sustainability aspects, risks and requirements under legislation, including the development and amendment of project specific plans and procedures;
- Conduct environmental assessments, site visits, and inspections including Client inspections to assess environmental performance and opportunities for improvement;
- Provide expert knowledge and skills to facilitate risk control and promote a positive Environmental & Sustainable culture on the project, including the delivery of training, toolboxes and coaching to key stakeholders;
- Developing and maintaining an ISO 14001 certified environmental management system.
- Guiding management and procurement decisions to consider sustainability.
- Contributing to tender submissions.
- Contribute to the achievement of environmental objectives and targets including IS Rating and reporting back to management and teams on progress.
You will need to display the following qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science/engineering/sustainability or equivalent (essential);
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in environmental compliance, preferable within the road construction or rail industry. Experience managing infrastructure sustainability ratings, ideally ISCA, will also be highly regarded;
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Good communication, coaching, problem solving and planning skills.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with the project team
- Right to work in Australia (not requiring sponsorship)?
Are you ambitious and determined to progress your career? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you can creatively problem solve and produce your best work in an inspiring environment?
Then please APPLY NOW - send your application in via Seek, or contact Andrew Chalkley on firstname.lastname@example.org OR 9981 5900