Fuse Recruitment is a specialist recruitment firm servicing the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, and Insurance industries throughout Australia. With a dedicated team servicing each sector you can be confident your profile will be accurately represented no matter your field.
Our client, an established Chemical Manufacturer based in the Western Suburbs is looking for a passionate and switched-on Health and Safety Officer to join their team on a 6-month contract. Working closely with the Health & Safety Manager, this role will have you assisting with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the EHS system, assisting in health and safety risk management, compliance, and continuous improvement.
What's in it for you:
- Fantastic hourly rate
- Well-established, well-known organisation
- Potential for contract extension
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist with EH&S compliance and ensure mandatory reports to relevant regulatory agencies are submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist with emergency response following spills and releases along with the coordination and participation in investigating, reporting on and closing out all on-site incident investigations
- Ensure site compliance with EH&S regulations including Work health and safety regulations, EPA regulations, Trade waste regulations, MHF regulations and all permit requirements.
- Monitor and support site programs, action tracking, permits to work & change management.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental OR Occupational Health Sciences (highly desirable)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in relevant field
- Familiar with Environmental and Safety regulations including but not limited to waste and storm water, solid & hazardous waste, and also air
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership, training and interpersonal skills teamed with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders of all levels
How to Apply:
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, get yourself in front of this amazing opportunity to set you on the path of a permanent position that will grow your career APPLY NOW
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Casey Bartlett at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0421 723 101
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!