Who Will I Be Working for?
Fuse provides permanent and temporary recruitment services within the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance & Wealth Management sectors. We pride ourselves on finding suitable roles that meet the aspirations of candidates, in addition to delivering the perfect candidate to our clients.
Our client is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
What is the role?
This role will be reporting into the State Manager of Network Services and will involve estimating on small and large water network projects. This role would suite and experienced Estimator within the water/wastewater networks construction industry who can work independently, has excellent time management skills and is confident liaising with suppliers and subcontractors.
What will be my main responsibilities?
- Allocate and coordinate work with internal and external resources
- Work with and coordinate proposal and tender work internally as required
- Update skills and current capacity matrix, manage bid task allocation for each critical proposals and follow-up on proposal work delivery
- Liaise with potential contractors and manage contracted parties assisting in estimation work
- Co-ordinate with our Clients operations, subcontractors, suppliers and service providers to obtain the prices and proposals
- Prepare and/or manage the preparation of full cost estimates
- Review client documentation/specifications and drawings to determine scope of work, construction methodologies, bill of materials, resource requirements and production rates
What do I need to be considered?
- Qualification in Civil engineering desirable, however 5-10 years demonstrated experience estimating water and wastewater network projects would be considered
- Experience in the design, construction, condition assessment, and rehabilitation of water/wastewater network assets
- Experience estimating rehabilitation of sewer and water networks using Fold and Form, CIPP or Spiral Wound techniques would be distinct advantage
- Demonstrable understanding of the project lifecycle and be able to apply and use first principles estimating.
- A demonstrable knowledge of clients, suppliers and subcontractors in the networks construction market is highly desirable.
- Proficient using Excel, MS Project, Google Sheets and Documents
- Current driving licence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand client business and project requirements
- Understanding of the construction methods, knowledge of the production rates and resources required to complete different types of civil construction tasks
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a proven ability to meet strict deadlines simultaneously on multiple proposals, t
- Will be able to work with minimal management supervision, to apply initiative and ready to work in a small team
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this role, please apply asap as our client is looking to appoint immediately. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, Fuse never presents candidates to clients without consulting them first.