Fuse Recruitment is a specialist recruitment firm servicing the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance and Wealth Management industries throughout Australia. With a dedicated team servicing each sector you can be confident your profile will be accurately represented no matter your field.
The Company Profile:
Our client is a State Government Owned Corporation which owns, operates and maintains the transmission network that extends 1,700km from north of Cairns to the New South Wales border, and comprises 15,337 circuit kilometres of transmission lines and 140 substations.
As an organisation their key values include Safety, Respectfulness, Proactiveness, Ethical Operations and Cooperativeness.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Tax, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering all tax and government related reporting obligations (Financial Statements, Taxation Returns, FBT, Payroll Tax, GST, and PAYG) through data collation, analysis, and report development to ensure reporting requirements and tax filings are in accordance with related laws and regulations.
- Perform and present various financial analyses, both proactively and upon request, to detect trends and forecast future needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual financial statements and reports to present the corporation's results.
- Develop, manage, and maintain financial reporting registers, general ledger reconciliations and specific general leger balances (and its subsidiary companies) to ensure all reconciliations are completed and compliant with policy, and the integrity of these is maintained.
- Support the business and add value through the provision of advice, guidance, and direction to inform and support on financial accounting related matters.
- Proactively develop and maintain constructive working relationships with Finance and Tax team members and key stakeholders across other divisions, working collaboratively to achieve mutual business and customer outcomes.
- Work with the Manager Finance and Tax to develop SMART individual performance and behavioural targets, ensuring required outcomes and alignment to broader Finance and Tax team goals are clearly understood.
- Undertake additional accountabilities as directed by your Manager.
- Three-month contract with potential for extension
- Opportunity to work with a high performing team.
- Excellent company culture
- Immediate start
- Competitive remuneration package
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or related
- CPA or CA preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Proven ability to critically analyse situations and problem solve.
- Fringe Benefit Tax experience
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please APPLY NOW or call 07 3343 6777 for more information.