Our client is a busy food manufacturer located in Richmond. They have a number of recognisable food brands in the Australian foodservice industry. Due to continued growth, they require the skills of an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join their company of a full-time permanent basis.
The Maintenance Fitter will be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment according to OH&S guidelines, maintain GMP standards, aim to create improvements within the company and decrease industrial incidents and hazards.
The Successful candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role within a food FMCG environment
- Trade or diploma qualification in a mechanical maintenance orientated discipline
- Proven experience working in a maintenance technician / F&T role within a busy manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of HACCP and GMP principals
- Strong knowledge of workplace safety / OH&S - Strong safe working attitude
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - Ability build rapport and develop relationships
- Strong communication skills - Both written and verbal
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of machinery and ensure the process is completed to a high quality
- Troubleshoot problems with production staff and identify faults with machinery to then correct issues or seek assistance
- Perform preventive processes to ensure machinery performs to a high quality
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment and completing the appropriate documentation
- Responsible for reporting any issues to Production Manager or Maintenance Manager
- Ensure that all manufacturing operations are being carried out in a high standard, meeting all quality and safety requirements
- Communicate with external sources to place orders for equipment
If this sounds like you, then hit the apply button now!
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170!
Please apply with your cover letter and resume in WORD format.