Our client is a well-known packaging manufacturer in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. They have a purpose-built state of the art facility which encompasses their entire operations including distribution and warehousing. Their culture is second to none, their quality standards are robust, and their executive team are hands on and highly committed to success.
Due to growth, we are on the exclusive search for an experienced Maintenance Fitter who is an energetic and agile.
In this role, you will be working Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm in a fast-paced packaging manufacturing environment, undertaking a variety of tasks which range from general maintenance through to preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and problem solving. Performing all maintenance and repairs with a high regard for safety. You will also be completing changeovers and preparing lines for production. Productivity, sense of urgency and thinking outside the box will be the attributes of a successful candidate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance checks.
- Perform change overs and set up machines for new jobs.
- Decrease down time (breakdowns and change overs).
- Troubleshoot during production.
- Continuous improve of productivity and safety of all machinery - bottling lines, capping, labelling, carton sealing, etc.
- Work with staff to keep machinery, production area and workshop clean and organised.
- Install new equipment.
- Refurb used equipment.
- General Maintenance of factory.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Trade qualifications and/or Mechanical engineering background.
- 2 years' minimum experience in either food, beverage, pharmaceutical, or LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of process & packaging systems is advantageous.
- Strong organisational abilities and the focus to work under pressure when required.
- Ability to work as part of a small, dedicated team.
- Excellent fault-finding & problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Interested? Please call Shareen Kumar on 0411 702 115 for a confidential discussion or apply now!