Our client has a very recognisable brand in the marketplace, and this leading beverage manufacturer has their local operations based in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Due to exponential growth, they are on the hunt for a Food Technologist to join their Operations Team on a 6 month contract basis (with view to extension).
The Food Technologist will be responsible for new product development, flavour enhancements, and play an integral role in the consumer quality experience. The Food Technologist will closely work with supply chain to select the best ingredients and control costs, without compromising the achievement of best formulations.
Reporting to the QA and Formulations Manager.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the brand product development activities - Lab prototyping and formulation, testing of formulations, NPD trials, strong involvement in ensuring production capabilities match NPD projects, constantly monitor and continuous improvement of processes
- Prepare artwork information with adherence to regulatory and product information
- Maintenance and review of raw material information in relation to labelling and trends.
- Keep abreast of changes to regulatory requirements which may impact on NPD activities
- Report on trends, global NPD activity through intelligence gathering and utilisation of networks
- Keep abreast of competitor products and retail activity
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Food Science & Technology or related
- At least 3+ years of proven experience in a Food Tech / NPD role, ideally within a beverage or ingredients manufacturer
- Knowledge of Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code
- Experience in Project management
- Understanding of Financial Product Costing / Analysis
- Computer literacy skill with ability to utilize Microsoft inclusive of Excel, PowerPoint, MIS systems
If this sounds like you, then please apply with your cover letter and resume in Word format.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.