About our Client
Our Client is a class leading manufacturer of Food Processing Systems and Packaging Equipment with an expanding export market and worldwide affiliations. Their equipment is exported around the world, with the company being the recipient of many prestigious export awards. The Brisbane facility is the Head Office for Australia, SE Asia, India, China, Europe, UK and Africa operations.
- Regular Travel
- Competitive Salary Package
- Opportunity to work with a global organisation
- State of the art facility
- Potential for career progression
- Immediate start
A great career opportunity exists for a Functional Safety Engineer. The responsibilities include:
- Applying system safety analytical techniques for Hazard ID and Hazard Analysis.
- Participation in risk assessments and HAZOP's.
- Development of machine and functional safety control system design and implementation deliverables, including functional and integrity requirement specifications, technical specifications, safety lifecycle documentation, and test documentation.
- Promotion of safety in design.
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team and in close corporation with the client.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Machine or Functional Safety
- TUV Certified Functional Safety Engineer or CMSE
- In depth knowledge of functional safety systems codes and standards
- Strong technical knowledge of functional safety systems codes and standards
- Experience in project based control system safety instrumented systems in both the design and execution phases.
- Proven experience in functional safety within the process, FMCG or similar industry. Specifically, the application of ISO 13849, IEC 62061, IEC 61511 or IEC 61508 during front-end design and design execution.
- Experience with development of safety lifecycle documentation, such as hardware and software requirements and design specifications, and test documentation.
- Experience with probabilistic calculations, gathering and application of failure rate data.
- A focus on quality and performance and a keen eye for detail.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of enthusiasm and willing to be "hands-on"
- A strong work ethic
- Be willing to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods of time.
- The ability to work for extended periods with little or no supervision.
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills
If you are looking to challenging role that can offer great work culture and regular travel, then apply now!