MiniFAB is currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join their Product Development Group. This fantastic opportunity kicks off with the Successful Applicant working in the Production Team for approximately 3 months. During this time, the Graduate Engineer will gain an in-depth understanding of MiniFAB's complex and highly niche manufacturing processes, quality systems, and will also set out to build strong relationships with manufacturing staff.
Following this initial 3-month period, the Graduate Engineer will be incorporated in the professional engineering team, where they will be heavily involved in contributing engineering solutions for MiniFAB's customer requirements.
The Successful Candidate will possess the essential skills and requirements:
- Recently graduated with a mechanical engineering a similar tertiary qualification
- Outstanding 3D CAD skills (preferably SolidWorks)
- Excellent 2D CAD skills with a sound understanding of GD&T
- A basic understanding Design for Manufacture principles
- A basic understanding of ISO 9001 & 13485
- Familiarity with common polymer fabrication and processing techniques
- Awareness of Lean manufacturing principles and Design for Six Sigma philosophies
- Must be a hands-on doer with a passion for understanding what makes things work
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Ambitious and career-focused attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and a self-starting nature is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team work skills and a strong ability to take initiative
- A valid Australian drivers licence
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now.
Applications in Word Format will only be considered (No PDF Documents please).
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short listed Candidates can be contacted.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Leah Creswick - 0478 193 170.