Group Manager Customer Services
- Exciting leadership opportunity!
- Excellent Remuneration & Benefits
- Ongoing, Full-Time role
My client has a new and exciting opportunity for a Group Manager Customer Services to join their team!
About the Company
Our client is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). They believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers' needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. We offer a variety of flexible working options, professional development and generous salary and benefits.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Lead all aspects of the management of the end-to-end customer interface with the network including the provision of optimised customer solutions.
- Lead the formulation and implementation of customer relation strategies, processes and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure effective support for Gentrack/Velocity, including property creation, customer and NMI creation, management of meter billing routes, meter servicing (connections, disconnections, planned meter replacement) and NUOS billing (including metering and services order charges);
- Run a 24/7 customer Contact Centre for emergencies / reactive work and for smaller scale customer-initiated works / service connections.
- Coordinate crisis and emergency management processes, including real-time crisis management and provision of input into customer prioritisation during outages;
- Ensure effective monitoring and reporting requirements are in place to ensure compliance requirements are adhered to in accordance with the National Energy Customer Framework (NECF);
- Develop and implement appropriate customer contact and communication channels.
- Build positive relationships with major clients and external partners.
- Be on-call outside of working hours as required
- Extensive experience at a senior manager level, in addition to a mix of operational and technical experience in electricity distribution, and strong business insight skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large customer focused technical delivery team.
- An understanding of the operation and maintenance of electricity network infrastructure
- Proven critical thinking and ability to develop long term customer service strategies and plans.
- An in depth understanding of trends and changes impacting the utility industry.
- Proven high level of business systems and financial acumen
- An understanding of the technical, economic and legal factors involved in operating a distribution network.
- Experience in maintaining a safe work environment.
- ·Proven high level communication skills and in particular the ability to effectively liaise with partners.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for leading and motivating a multidisciplinary and complementary customer services team who are passionate about our customers and the Canberra community.
You will be a great teammate who has strong leadership skills and will champion a safe work environment with a focus on culture, innovation and enhancing our customer experience.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you!