Group Manager Network Services
- Exciting leadership opportunity!
- Excellent Remuneration & Benefits
- Ongoing, Full-Time role
About the Company
Our client is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers' needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. We offer a variety of flexible working options, professional development and generous salary and benefits.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
About the role
The Network Services Group are responsible for leading our network performance through the development of asset plans and Opex/Capex programs of work. The Group also ensures effective and safe delivery of network-initiated works across the network including monitoring of delivery performance.
Your day could be spent in the office presenting to our Executive Team or you may need to don high vis and steel-capped boots and spend your day in the field!
- Developing and managing Asset Management Plans to optimise delivery
- Implementing and ensuring cost effective allocation in regard to Opex and Capex
- Leading and managing labour, equipment and materials coordination
- Ensuring our business processes are lean and commercially aligned
- Maximising our Geo-Spatially enabled IT/OT connected network system environment.
- Undertaking the role of Evoenergy' s representative / media spokesperson during periods of planned/unplanned events
- Developing project specification and design briefs as required
- Continuously seeking new opportunities to deliver all work targeting break through efficiency initiatives
This opportunity will enable you to apply your strategic, operational and technical experience with a strong business insight in leading a multidisciplinary team to operate with a commercial risk-based approach in a capital and resource constrained environment.
Most importantly, you are a strong leader and champion a safe work environment with a focus on achieving operational excellence and innovation.
- You hold relevant qualifications and experience in a Works Delivery field
- You possess extensive experience in the management of a large technical maintenance and construction workforce
- You have the ability to develop long term operational and strategic plans
- You have expert knowledge of the operation of electricity network infrastructure
- You have validated experience in the improvement of safety cultures and work practices
- You possess deep understanding of trends and changes impacting the utility industry
- You are an excellent communicator and possess high stakeholder management skills
- You are open to being on-call after hours as and when required
Recently rated Australia's most liveable city, Canberra provides a lifestyle that is not for everyone (and we like it that way). It does offer easy access to the exceptional outdoors, quiet residential areas, short travel time to work and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing.
Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two-hour trip to snow or surf. Canberra has a highly educated workforce and innovative business culture, offering a range of unique career opportunities - like this one.
Does this sound like an opportunity you would relish?