- Exciting leadership opportunity!
- Excellent Remuneration & Benefits
- Ongoing, Full-Time role
About the Company
My client is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers' needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. We offer a variety of flexible working options, professional development and generous salary and benefits.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for leading and motivating a diverse team who focus on long term asset and network planning, network performance and access, regulatory processes, monitoring compliance and initiating corrective action, and preparing my client to operate in a predominately "renewable energy" future.
Most importantly, you are a strong leader and champion a safe work environment with a focus on culture, innovation and planning for the future.
As the leader of this group, you will:
- Lead the development and maintenance of long-term Asset Management Plans to ensure optimal performance of assets in a changing environment
- Manage the operations (Control Centre) of the electricity network by monitoring and maintaining network integrity, facilitating safe network access processes and management of future demand response activities
- Lead the development of network optimisation projects and programs.
- Develop environmental plans, strategies, policies and procedures and monitor compliance.
- Lead asset Commissioning and Governance
- Develop and maintain technical, engineering, construction and data standards
- Manage the preparation of annual regulatory reports
Recently rated Australia's most liveable city, Canberra provides a lifestyle that is not for everyone (and we like it that way). It does offer easy access to the exceptional outdoors, quiet residential areas, short travel time to work and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing.
Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two-hour trip to snow or surf. Canberra has a highly educated workforce and innovative business culture, offering a range of unique career opportunities - like this one.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you!