Who Are we recruiting for?
Our Client is one of Australia's largest, family-owned and operated waste management company with a dynamic attitude that values their people, their safety and the environment. They strive for a diverse, innovative, collaborative and high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee. People like working for our Client because of their commitment to safety, innovation and professionalism. Once you join their team, you'll want to stay.
What're the Key Accountabilities?
Reporting to the National Manager for Health, Safety and Environment you will be responsible for the following activities;
- Incident investigation, management and response
- Investigate and advise on responses to each reportable incident in line with internal reporting requirements, including ensuring that effective corrective and preventative actions are identified and taken within appropriate timeframes.
- Ensure Incident Reporting System (IRS) reports are completed in full and are of high quality.
- Identify whether an incident is a reportable incident at law.
- Report incidents to external parties such as regulators as required by law.
- Advise on the right of entry requirements and interactions with parties exercising a right of entry.
- Closure of incidents in the IRS.
- Risk identification and management.
- All vehicles, plant and equipment in the region have a current risk assessment completed.
- All high-risk tasks or processes have a current JSEA completed.
- Inspect all sites within the region at the frequency agreed from time to time to ensure site risk assessments are complete and up to date.
- No overdue hazards within IRS or hazard logbooks.
- Assist sales representatives to review and assess customer sites as required.
- Hazard inspections completed at defined frequencies.
- Noise and dust assessments are completed as required.
- Advice in regards to operations, new sites, operations and acquisitions.
- Systems Compliance & Auditing
- Each site has an up to date HSE Plan, including a traffic management plan.
- Ensure each site complies with licence requirements and environmental obligations and systems.
- Ensure that actions to ensure compliance with corporate systems are assigned to relevant persons and that these obligations are met within defined timeframes.
- Register of Vehicles, Plant, Equipment and Processes is current.
- Audits to verify systems compliance as required.
- Develop policies, procedures and protocols that manage risk and compliance with safety and environmental legislation.
- All site-specific documents are registered on Site Specific Document Control Register.
- Reporting on safety, environment and quality outcomes.
- Applying for Early Intervention programs;
- Assisting with the lodgement of workers compensation claims;
- Working with employees, local management and return to work coordinators to establish appropriate suitable duties and management of workplace injuries;
- Ensure all training in the Learning Management System (LMS) is up-to-date.
- Ensure that all necessary modules are assigned to staff.
- Develop national and activity-specific training modules.
- Face to face training of staff in relation to safety issues pertinent to their duties as required.
This is not an office based role there is also a lot of travel to sites as you will be servicing areas within Southeast QLD including but not limited to;
- North End
- Western Downs
- St George
What do you need to be successful?
- Certificate IV Workplace Health and Safety;
- Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment;
- Trade qualification desirable in either Mechanical or fixed Plant
- Experience in transport, waste management highly desirable
What's on offer for you?
As part of our client's team, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a workplace that is respectful, inclusive and innovative. Above all, your safety and well-being are of the highest importance.
How do you apply?
If you are interested in this role please apply asap as our client is looking to appoint immediately. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, Fuse never presents candidates to clients without consulting them first.