About the Company
Our Client is an Australian-owned solutions based company focused on providing innovative and proven technologies and solutions to the water, wastewater and renewables sectors. They provide a clear planning approach, strong operational delivery and guarantee a customer-centric service that delivers outstanding results.
What do you need to be successful?
- Qualified Electrical Fitter
- Cert IV Electrical Instrumentation a must
- Reliability and punctuality
- Hands-on experience within water & sewerage industry
- White Construction Card
- Confined Space Certificate
- CPR / LVR Certificate
- Working at Heights certificate
- Supply of own hand tools
- Self-starters and the ability to work alone
- Ability to carry out electrical trade instrumentation and other specified duties associated with maintenance, repair or upgrading work on water and sewerage plant and equipment.
What exactly is this role doing?
- Carry out electrical trade and other specified duties associated with maintenance, repair or upgrading work on water and sewerage plant and equipment.
- Receive and comprehend work instructions and confidently articulate tasks to be undertaken to others.
- Effectively allocate tasks within the crew, to ensure timely completion of specified duties.
- Work in conjunction with other personnel to ensure the safe and reliable operation of all water and sewage plant and equipment.
- Apply well-developed problem-solving skills and initiative to resolve operational and maintenance issues.
- Escalate all critical issues that arise to the Field Services Manager in a timely manner.
- Provide general support and advice to the Field Services Manager as required.
- Attend prestart meetings, review meetings & training as they pertain to your role and the contract.
- Participate in an after-hours, on-call roster if required;
- Work 'staggered' start and finish rosters to ensure the continuity of service (whilst on call); &
- Participate in after-hours work as some planned work will be conducted out of hours to avoid interruption to customers.
- Demonstrated experience and application of skill in electrical maintenance, repair and installation of utility and/or municipal water and sewage infrastructure, including the ability to;
- Apply sound knowledge of pump control units
- Select pumps (correct duty points etc.)
- Overhaul various styles of pumps (e.g. Submersible, Split case, Dosing etc.)
- Align couplings
- Operate truck mounted cranes
- Repair and install chemical dosing equipment
- Apply knowledge of the Electrical Safety Act.
- Plan, organise, implement and report on all assigned work without supervision
- Provide mentoring to other crew members and on-the-job learning/training.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this role please apply asap as our client is looking to appoint immediately. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, Fuse never presents candidates to clients without consulting them first.