SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global leader experienced in transforming client's concepts into commercially successful products. Our exceptional in-house design, bioscience and engineering teams combine with our unique technologies to create microfluidic products designed for manufacture. All this is backed by our unique manufacturing capability, designed to rapidly scale from pilot line quantities all the way to high volume automated production.
SCHOTT MINIFAB is currently recruiting for an exceptional Junior Manufacturing Engineer to join the team on a permanent full-time basis. Reporting to a Senior Manufacturing Engineering, you will be closely involved with ensuring the successful running of a production line, along with making sure that processes meet specification, throughput, and cost requirements.
Mastery of SCHOTT MINIFAB's cutting edge capabilities, the introduction of new products into manufacturing as well as the continuous improvement of production lines are essential KPIs of the role.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A proactive attitude, unafraid of a new challenge and a strong motivation to drive positive change
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing, Process or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Proven experience implementing safety, quality, capacity, capability and efficiency projects within a manufacturing environment such as automotive, medical device or similar industry
- A proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and then introduce both immediate solutions and long-term preventative measures
- The ability to interpret and develop manufacturing systems, equipment, drawings and BOMs
- Significant exposure to Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems
- Proficient practitioner of Lean - Certified qualification ideal
- Basic CAD skills to review and work with models, solidworks preferred
Duties: For the assigned Production Line(s), the responsibilities of this role include
- Supporting the introduction of new products into manufacture
- Ensuring assigned production lines are capable of meeting quality and cost targets
- Providing technical support to the production team, including troubleshooting
- Introducing new products into manufacturing
- Optimising production line performance through defect, cost, safety, waste and capability improvement initiatives
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing and risk management documentation (PFMEA, PCP, SOP, etc)
- Working with suppliers to improve quality, capability and cost
- Ensuring all production lines are safe to operate
- Managing engineering change of current products
- Developing, validating, and implementing new processes
- Developing plans for long term line development including increasing capacity, reducing cost, and improving quality
- Working with all levels of Production, Maintenance, Procurement, QA and other departments to educate, drive, and champion positive change within the team while building and maintaining a Lean culture
- Supporting SCHOTT-MINIFAB values and culture
- Training of personnel in the operation and maintenance of production lines
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format (no PDF files please).
Questions can be directed to Aya Inazato at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0423 505 950.
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!