About the Company
Our client is an international organisation that delivers operational solutions across water, waste and energy. They help cities and industries to manage, optimise and make the most of their resources, providing an array of solutions.
About the Role
The client requires a Laboratory Coordinator for an immediate start to service a project for approximately 6 months. This role has the potential for extension depending on ongoing plant requirements. This role requires a high level understanding of water quality principles and the ability to coordinate laboratory activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform sampling and laboratory testing as required to maintain consistent water quality, using appropriate sampling, analysis and sample preservation techniques.
- Mentor operational staff in regards to correct sampling, laboratory technique and HACCP principles.
- Responsibility for ISO 22000 certification
- Provide technical support to Operations team to ensure water quality is compliant with all contractual and legislative requirements.
- Correct use of all laboratory equipment, including probes, spectrophotometer, titration equipment, balances, etc.
- Provision of accurate analysis results to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Comply with the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Environmental Policy Statements.
- Monitor, review, audit and report on the performance of water quality management systems, plans, procedures and work instructions.
- Prepare and implement HACCP and Laboratory sections of the business management system.
- Implementation of sound waste minimisation, treatment and disposal methods.
- Attendance on Saturdays and Sundays as required in emergency situations.
- Tertiary qualifications in a chemical or laboratory based discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with sampling and preservation methods, analytical testing and operation of field and laboratory equipment.
- Experience with quality assurance systems.
- Experience in operations of water and wastewater treatment plants and water/wastewater reticulation systems, including laboratory operations.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to utilise relevant computer software applications (eg MS Office, LIMS).
- HACCP and/or ISO22000 qualifications or experience preferable
What's on Offer
- Immediate start
- Potential contract extension
- This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly respected company
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity APPLY NOW!
For a confidential discussion about the role call Sam or Melissa at Fuse Recruitment after applying on +61 7 3343 6777.