Fuse Recruitment are excited to be partnering with our client based Port of Brisbane, in their search for an experienced Laboratory Technical Officer/Laboratory Technician.
Our client is one of Australia's leading manufacturers and suppliers of high quality cement products to commercial business' throughout Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
With over 35 years' industry backing, our client has a reliable name in the market, and provide a trusted product and outstanding customer service.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Equipment set-up and operation
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Sampling and analytical testing
- Chemical handlings
- Reporting of analytical results
- Data entry and database management
- Contribution to the efficiency and operational improvement of the laboratory
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Chemistry, Science, Civil Engineering, or related field OR a minimum of 12 months laboratory experience with a thorough understanding of basic laboratory testing and related functions
- Cement experience ideal
- Ability to lift up to 25kg semi-regularly
- Ability to work 6:00am - 2:30pm Mon-Fri AND one Saturday per month for up to 4 hours
- Driver's licence and own vehicle mandatory
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical: Drug & Alcohol, and physical assessment
- Willingness to partake in random drug & alcohol testing throughout employment
- A genuine interest in a long-term career in the cement industry
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude
Please APPLY NOW OR call Chelsey Elfverson on 0478 191 193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions you may have.