Our client is a busy Australian manufacturer company located in Morwell, Victoria. Currently, they seek a Laboratory Technician to join their busy internal laboratory on an on-going casual basis. A degree in science is required along with a minimum of 2 years commercial laboratory experience. Reporting to the Senior Chemist, the Successful Applicant will support the manufacturing and quality teams by performing a number of quality control testing techniques including wet chemistry, physical testing, and basic bench work.
The successful applicant will also be computer literate, have an incredibly strong attention to detail, and have a proven history of reliable work-ethic and commitment.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Bachelor of Science, preferably majoring in chemistry
- 2 years industrial laboratory experience
- Experience with performing pH, conductivity, and gravimetric tests
- Some experience with operating analytical instrumentation is advantageous (but not essential) - ICP, GC, UV-Vis
- Solid GLP experience and Laboratory OHS working experience
- Strong ability to work under pressure
- Good time management/organisational skills
- Permanent residency or Australian citizenship
If this sounds like you hit, please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format (NO PDF docs please).
Due to the high volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Steven Nguyen at Fuse Recruitment on 03 9981 5900.