Based in south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, this manufacturer is a rapidly growing operation making its mark in the industry. Currently, this innovative manufacturer requires an experienced Laboratory Technician to join their team. The Successful Candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role, analysing raw materials and finished products, HPLC / GC, instrument operation, and strong microbiology experience.
We are highly interested in candidates with a tertiary qualification in Science, that have worked in a similar environment previously (Beverage, Food and Pharmaceutical), have outstanding written communication skills / documentation, outstanding verbal communication and great interpersonal skills.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently and accurately run analytical instrumentation
- Micro testing and membrane filtration (Plating water samples and reading plates,Silver testing and other basic Chem testing as required Iron and Manganese, etc)
- Maintain instrumentation via regular calibrations, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples
- Prepare samples prior to shipping them to customers
- Review, amend, and update existing test methods, along with creating new ones, and carry-out the validation of these new methods (along with completing necessary documentation)
- Analyse retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management
- Recognize and report any food safety issue
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in science and experience in a similar working environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Possess high attention to detail
- A positive can- do attitude
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now.
Applications in Word Format will only be considered (No PDF Documents please).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Steven Nguyen - 0435 835 727