- St Marys Location
- Hazpak Machine expert needed!
- Career Progression with a large global company
About the company
Our client are leaders in the environmental waste management industry. They play an important role ensuing that the community and environment is protected from hazardous waste. Nationwide company employing over 1500 people in over 80 sites.
Machine Operator (Ewaste & HazPak)
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You'll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Experience using hazpak/ewaste shredders
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- Forklift License
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus