This is an fantastic opportunity to join a leading transport, infrastructure and mining manufacturer. You will be cutting, drilling and operating manual lathes and mills. Based in the southern / western suburbs of Brisbane, the client is looking for an experienced Manual Machinist for an immediate start.
Australian owned company with Brisbane-based machine shop offering engineering services to clients throughout Queensland and Australia. They are well known for quality workmanship, quality service and on-time delivery. They have the ability to handle small to medium batch production runs of parts or more complex one-off components for commercial companies working in the transport, infrastructure and mining industries.
What's on Offer
- Potential for a permanent opportunity after 3-4 months
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Contribute to innovative production of high quality product
- Fulltime position for the right candidate
- Day shift
We require an experienced Manual Machinist to work in the main facility here in Brisbane. Previous experience with Manual Mill, Manual Lathe and other machine shop experience is necessary for this position. This is a fast paced environment and this position will require someone who can think on their feet and is able to work autonomously.
- Operate manual lathes and mills for internal and external screw cutting, boring and grooving
- Drill, cut and shape items manually
- Day to day cleanliness & maintenance of machine
- Great work ethic strong in OH&S practices
- MUST have trade qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven experience on manual lathe and mill machinery
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure