Schott Minifab is a global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical POC diagnostic devices. Based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne in a state-of-the-art facility, Minifab is a dynamic company comprised of outstanding professionals all working together to achieve a common goal, and whilst doing so daring to think big.
Scott Minifab is currently recruiting for an outstanding Maintenance Electrician on PM shift (2 - 10 pm).
The Successful Candidate will ensure the continuous running of equipment and machinery - This is an integral role which involves reducing breakdowns, improving overall reliability of machinery and processes, and improving production facilities.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years experience maintaining advanced manufacturing equipment and automation in a quality critical environment
- Electrician with advanced certificate in PLC, servo drives, robotics, and electronics is essential
- Creating and improving PLC and Robot programs, and troubleshooting skills is essential
- Exposure to mechanics, and pneumatics and problem solving with Mechanical Technicians is highly desired
- Experience working in high quality, fast paced, innovative environment
- Create & maintain a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Willingness to learn additional technical skills
- Exposure or training in TPM, 5 Why, root cause or recurrence prevention skills, is desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for high quality outcomes
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing the day to day equipment CMS / PM activities in compliance with Work Order instructions, maintenance practices and procedures, set by the Preventative Maintenance Schedule, in line with GMP and ISO standards
- Ensure operational availability including but not limited to responses to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime
- Troubleshooting equipment breakdowns and product quality issues
- Proactively managing continuous improvement processes to improve machine uptime and reduce machine breakdowns
- Training and developing team members
- Performing major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required)
- Design, implement, and assist fully documenting equipment improvements and modifications.
- Undertaking or assist in installation and upgrade works on machinery, automation or robotics projects
- Performing Maintenance assessments on purchased and other GMP equipment
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.