Fuse Recruitment are excited to be exclusively partnering with our client based in Western Australia in their search for a Maintenance Manager for their expanding meat processing facility.
As an experienced maintenance manager with a background across meat processing, your role has primary responsibility for the ongoing planning and scheduling of plant and equipment services of all the abattoir tools, fault finding and preventative maintenance systems. You will manage a team of dedicated and loyal maintenance professionals that have been with the business for a number of years, and enjoy working for the business.
Please note: relocation assistance is an option, however in applying for this role you will need the understand that our clients facility is not in a major community, their facility is remote. We have advertised in major citiies to attract talent.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workshop and yard areas
- Managing and ensuring the effective operations of the Ammonia refrigeration plant including alarm monitoring and response 24hr/ day.
- Understanding of Steam Boilers systems with heat exchange units to ensure constant supply of Hot water to plant.
- Maintain processing rooms equipment such as vacuum packers, strappers, conveyor belts, hydraulic systems, air tools, PLCs etc.
- Schedule and implement a robust preventative maintenance plan
- Identifying and ordering spare parts
- Follow documented maintenance procedures and instructions
- Ensure maintenance reports are maintained for tools and equipment being serviced
- Maintaining equipment documentation and manuals
- Fault finding and troubleshooting to limit downtime and improve on operational effectiveness
- Assist in identifying and implementing maintenance opportunities for improvements
- Installation /relocation of existing and new equipment where and when required in consultation with plant manager
- Ensuring workplace health and safety guidelines are followed and in compliance with company guidelines
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role, preferably with an electrical fitter trade
- The ability to manage a small maintenance team of 3-4
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and relevant information
- Experience working with pneumatics, hydraulics, automation, PLC's, and electrics
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A flexible and positive attitude, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Refrigeration Knowledge / Ticket - Ammonia systems
- Electrical Licence
- Experience operating Diesel Fired Boilers
- Sound Knowledge of Diesel-Powered Electrical Generators
- A genuine commitment to ensuring that the refrigeration plant and power generators stay operational at all times .
To find out more, please call Wendy Terry on 0419 963 163 or email email@example.com Relocation assistance, housing assistance and a bonus is all up for discussion on top of the salary package.