Our client are leaders in the environmental waste management industry. They play an important role ensuring that the community and environment is protected from hazardous waste. A nationwide company employing over 1500 people in over 80 sites.
The Fitter is responsible for fitting and assembling fabricated and machined parts into products, setting up machining tools, to make all repair machinery, plant and equipment, as required.
- Interpret engineering drawings/schematics and specifications to determine suitable material, to establish most efficient method and sequence of operations.
- Check fabricated and assembled parts for accuracy
- Set guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses.
- Form stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Diagnose faults and performing operational maintenance of machines
- Perform assembly of machines and equipment on-site.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities
- Follow safety first culture and HSE standards
- Risk management compliance and internal controls
- Adhere to the company's policies and procedures at all times.
- Comply with plans and actions to ensure corporate governance.
- Comply with all statutory obligations.
- Undertake any other duties, accountabilities and responsibilities as directed.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (AUS); National Certificate Mechanical Engineering - Level 4 (or equivalent).
- Moderate experience.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity APPLY NOW! Alternatively, call Anastasia on 0466 887 706.