Who Will I Be Working for?
Fuse provides permanent and temporary recruitment services within the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance & Wealth Management sectors. We pride ourselves on finding suitable roles that meet the aspirations of candidates, in addition to delivering the perfect candidate to our clients.
Our Client is responsible for owning and operating ACT's network of water and wastewater infrastructure as well as assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants and pumping stations to ensure they deliver safe drinking water and reliable wastewater services for over 100 years!
What's the role?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager in Urban Development Services to manage a multi-disciplinary team to deliver building services and third-party connections to our client's network in Canberra. In this role you will be required to.
- Manage the team to ensure all activities are to a high quality and delivered in a timely manner, this includes:
- Management of development and building application systems and the transition to future systems
- Approvals for connecting to the Water and Sewerage Networks
- Approvals for building applications relating to Water and Sewerage Networks
- Processes and delivery of Complex and Major Projects (including Light Rail)
- Acceptance of third-party connections
- Lead the strategic delivery of improvement initiatives for services and end-to-end processes that balance long-term asset and network protection, support for growth and economic development in the ACT, and developer and customer experience outcomes.
- Provide strategic and expert technical advice and reports to the Executive team as required.
- Ensure informed decisions are made in a timely manner, within agreed parameters, in the face of some ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing of business changes and improvements between stakeholders.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve business outcomes.
- Stay abreast of regulatory and legal changes within your area of responsibility and implement process improvements and adjust activities as required.
- Develop a safe, commercial and customer centric culture within the Branch
What do I need to be considered?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferably in Engineering or substantial demonstrated experience leading in technical engineering environment.
- Experience in Asset Management and an understanding of ISO 55000 and its application
- Experience in leading a professional team, building solid working relationships with staff and encouraging and improving their performance
- Experience in preparing and presenting complex business issues and information combined with the ability to engage and influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Significant experience in influencing and communicating at all levels of management in a complex and technically innovative organisation.
- Skills and knowledge relating to application of a variety of risk analysis methods.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial analysis methods.
- Knowledge and commitment to relevant Workplace Health and Safety legislation, regulations, obligations and requirements.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this role, please apply asap as our client is looking to interview immediately. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, Fuse never presents candidates to clients without consulting them first.