MiniFAB is a leading provider of product development and manufacturing services to the global medical diagnostic market. Currently, they require an Engineer to join the manufacturing team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you will be the technical owner of a production line, and be responsible for reaching specification, throughput and cost targets. The Engineer will also be responsible for new product introduction and continuous improvement initiatives such as waste reduction and minimization of variation.
Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Technical ownership of the assigned production line and products produced
- Introduction of new products into manufacture
- Troubleshooting of production issues
- Optimizing production line performance, for example defect, cost, safety, waste and capability improvement initiatives
- Minimization of product quality risks, including developing and sustaining risk management systems (e.g. PFMEA, PCP)
- Developing key suppliers and improving their capability
- Ensure all production lines are safe to operate, including training of personnel in operation and maintenance of production lines
- Engineering change of current products
- Work with Production Supervisors, Operators, Maintenance, Procurement, QA and other staff to educate, drive, and champion positive change within the team
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Process Engineering preferred
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Proficient practitioner of Lean (certified qualification ideal)
- A highly developed mechanical aptitude
- Proven experience implementing safety, quality, capacity, capability and efficiency projects within a manufacturing environment such as automotive, medical device or similar industry
- A proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and then introduce both immediate solutions and long-term preventative measures
- Ability to interpret and develop manufacturing systems, equipment, drawings and BOMs
- Significant exposure to Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems
- A proactive attitude, unafraid of new challenges and a strong motivation to drive positive change
- Supporting MiniFAB values and a desirable company culture
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Questions can be referred to Louise Bastow at Fuse Recruitment on 0403 202 811.