Schott MiniFAB is a global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical in-vitro diagnostic devices. Based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne in a state-of-the-art facility, Schott MiniFAB's team of professionals include a number of outstanding engineers, scientists, QA and manufacturing staff.
Due to continued strong growth, Schott MiniFAB are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The Manufacturing Engineer will have technical owner of a production line, and be responsible for all processes being capable of meeting specification, throughput and cost requirements. Mastery of Scott MiniFAB's cutting edge capabilities, the introduction of new products into manufacturing as well as the continuous improvement of production lines are essential KPIs of the role.
Candidates with proven experience working with vision systems will be highly regarded.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A proactive attitude, unafraid of a new challenge and a strong motivation to drive positive change
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, Manufacturing or Process Engineering preferred
- Significant experience in a similar role
- A highly developed mechanical aptitude
- Proven experience implementing safety, quality, capacity, capability and efficiency projects within a manufacturing environment such as automotive, medical device or similar industry
- A proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and then introduce both immediate solutions and long-term preventative measures
- Ability to interpret and develop manufacturing systems, equipment, drawings and BOMs
- Significant exposure to Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems
- Proficient practitioner of Lean - Certified qualification ideal
For the assigned Production Lines, the responsibilities of this role are (but not limited to):
- Take technical ownership of the product(s) produced
- Supporting the introduction of new products into Manufacture
- Ensure all assigned production lines are capable of meeting specification, quality and cost targets
- Provide technical support to the production team including troubleshooting
- Introduce new products and new production lines into manufacturing
- Optimize production line performance, for example defect, cost, safety, waste and capability improvement initiatives
- Minimization of product quality risks including developing and sustaining risk management systems (e.g. PFMEA, PCP)
- Develop key suppliers including improving their capability to deliver conforming product, cost reduction and lead time reduction for example
- Ensure all production lines are safe to operate
- Engineering change of current products
- Reporting on the performance of production lines
- Develop new processes
- Develop plans for long term line development including; increasing capacity, reducing cost, improving quality according to customer needs
- Work with Production Supervisors, Operators, Maintenance, Procurement, QA and other staff to educate, drive, and champion positive change within the team. Build a Lean culture
- Supporting Shott MiniFAB values and a desirable company culture
- Training of personnel in operation and maintenance of production lines
- Other duties as requested by the line manager
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Jaquline Farag at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0411 832 205.