Join the global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical Point of Care diagnostic devices. SCHOTT MINIFAB offers outstanding opportunities to work alongside internationally renowned experts, developing solutions that improve the daily lives of millions of people.
Located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, in a state-of-the-art facility, SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global company with a 135 history at the forefront of technological advancement and manufacturing. The company is currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with strong experience with injection moulding to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Services, the Manufacturing Engineer - Injection Moulding is responsible for product and tool design reviews, programming and commissioning new injection moulding tools and equipment. With a focus on the improvement of safety, quality and cost reduction of all injection moulding and related processes, the Successful Candidate will contribute to the development of Schott Minifab's cutting edge microfluidic injection moulding capabilities for medical and life science products.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Process, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Strong desire to learn and achieve high end injection moulding processes and products
- Over 5 years' experience in injection moulding of very technical, high quality and tight tolerance products
- Root cause analysis and problem solving of complex injection moulding and related assembly and customer issues
- Focus on preventing problems
- Experience implementing safety, quality, capacity, capability and efficiency improvement projects within a manufacturing environment such as automotive, medical device or similar industry
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team with engineers, production, tool making and maintenance staff
- Interpret drawings and CAD
- Knowledge of injection moulding tooling, maintenance, and robotics
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Supporting the introduction of new products from product design for moulding advise, tool design advise, prototyping into ongoing low, medium or high volume manufacturing
- Developing Injection moulding and robot programs to continuously produce very high quality products
- Ensuring assigned projects meet safety, quality and cost targets
- Improving injection moulding performance through safety, defect, cost, waste and capability improvement initiatives
- Providing technical support to the production, tool making and maintenance team, including root cause analysis and problem solving and problem elimination
- Training of production and maintenance personnel
- Work with suppliers to improve quality, capability and cost
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing documentation
- Managing engineering change control of current products
- Working collaboratively with all levels of Production, Maintenance, Design, Procurement, QA and other departments to achieve positive change while building and maintaining a Lean culture
- Supporting Minifab values and company culture
- Other duties as required
This is a chance to join a leading and rapidly growing manufacturer in the global medical diagnostic market.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now.
Questions can be referred to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0478 193 170.