We are excited to be exclusively working alongside our client in Adelaide, who are looking to appoint a manufacturing manager to oversee the operational and technical aspects of the plant's operations. We are looking for someone who is dynamic, full of energy and either at this level or ready to take the step up.
Please note, this role is based in Adelaide, but we have advertised in major cities to assist in our search process.
With a focus on driving cost out of the business whilst improving on product quality, this role has been identified as a key requirement to ensure our client's business is not only able to meet, but ultimately exceed customer expectations.
You will need to have a strong internal focus, the ability to engage and motivate others, and a willingness to partner with internal teams; quality, maintenance and engineering, all to ensure capital projects both major and minor are supported from an operational perspective.
You will be responsible for ensuring the business's operational plan is adhered to for your site, which will include regular reporting to the plant manager, and active participation in monthly sales and operational planning sessions. You will enjoy mentoring and developing others, and your proven ability to lead will set you apart from the rest.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support production to meet rostering, and production requirements
- Participation in regular management meetings
- Supporting engineering teams on ongoing capital projects
- Identifying and developing new manufacturing and operational capabilities
- Monitoring and reporting on site safety and quality
- Supporting maintenance from a planning and people perspective
- Providing dairy expertise to the wider business
- Having a key focus on cost optimisation and driving cost out of the business
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong experience in a similar site management / operations management role within dairy manufacturing, locally or overseas
- Strong business acumen, ideally with a relevant tertiary qualification
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations, and a practical understanding of human resources from an employee and industrial relation perspective
- Knowledge of CI and lean principals
- Practical experience working within a food manufacturing environment alongside engineering, maintenance, quality and NPD
- Exceptional communication skills, with a proven ability to mentor, develop and engage with others both from an internal and external perspective
Please note, as these roles are located in a rural location, please only apply if you would be willing to either relocate or comminute to our client's location.
To find out more, please contact Wendy Terry for a confidential chat on 0419 963 163 or email your cv to: email@example.com